Things To Do in Whitefish, Montana
Best Western Rocky Mountain Lodge is in close proximity from these area attractions:
- 0.3 miles from The WAVE Aquatic and Fitness Center (right around the block from the hotel)
- 1 mile from Downtown Whitefish, including a variety of restaurants, rooftop bars, shopping, equipment rental, art and more!
- 1 mile from O’ Shaughnessy Cultural Arts Center
- 2 miles Whitefish Dog Park
- 2.5 miles from Whitefish Lake City Beach
- 5 miles from Lion Mountain State Park
- 8 miles from Whitefish Mountain Resort
- 10 miles from Big Sky Waterpark
- 10 miles from Glacier Park International Airport
- 14 miles from Downtown Kalispell
- 26 miles from Glacier National Park
Annual Event Highlights
Early August, this art festival is a celebration of the fabulous native purple fruit, providing the theme for music, food, ice cream, drinks, entertainment and art.
More than a dozen regional micro-brewers congregate every August to pour distinct varieties for beer enthusiasts while live music pumps up the energy.
Taste of Whitefish
In September, this sell-out event features signature specialties from more than twenty area restaurants held outdoors downtown with live music.
A festive autumn event complete with authentic German music, food, beer, stein-holding and keg hurling contests, and a traditional Volksmarch.
Suggested Activities – Half Day
- Ride the gondola to the top of Big Mountain.
- Alpine slide at Whitefish Mountain Resort.
- Enjoy lunch downtown and visit the galleries and boutique shops.
- Picnic at City Beach.
- Try a Spa treatment and massage.
- Rent a bike and follow the many bike paths in town or hike the Whitefish Trail.
- Take a tour and sample local beers at the Great Northern Brewing Company.
- Nordic Ski at the Glacier Nordic Center.
- Taste homemade ice cream at Sweet Peaks.
- Visit the Stumptown Museum and historic Train Depot.
- Skate at the Ice Den.
- Check in on a show with Alpine Theatre Project or Whitefish Theatre Co.
- Swim at the Wave or join in on a yoga class.
- Take a Coffee Roasting Tour at Montana Coffee Traders.
- Paint some pottery at Stumptown Art Studio.
Suggested Activities – Full Day
- Hike the Danny On trail to the top of Big Mountain and ride the lift down.
- Try the Zipline or Walk in the Treetops.
- Ski your heart out at Whitefish Mountain Resort.
- Golf at the Whitefish Lake Golf Course and have a beer at the Club House.
- Sleigh ride at Bar W Guest Ranch or Gaynor’s Resorts.
- Try dog sledding with Winter Woods Tours.
- Nordic Ski at Stillwater Mountain Lodge.
- Rent a canoe or kayak from Sportsman & Ski Haus and float the Whitefish River.
- Take a horseback ride.
- Go fishing with Lakestream Fly Shop & Outfitters.
- Hike in Glacier National Park.
- Scenic Drive to Logan Pass and picnic along the way.
For other information visit our links:
Whitefish Official 2013 Travel Guide
Whitefish Chamber of Commerce
National Park Service – Glacier National Park
Whitefish Mountain Resort